Friday, September 10, 2004

 

The Bush Forgery Hangover.

First things first: it's everywhere. Like The Blob, or that guy who does the NetZero/Staples/Inconsiderate Cell Phone Man commercials. Anywhere you go today in the blogosphere, it's there.

At the rate this story is developing, Dan Rather may be covering Hurricane Ivan from a stool at McSorley's.

The links are to the left, stop by Drudge and Ace and Allah and Instapundit and hell, see Roger Ebert's site for his 1/2 star review of Resident Evil: Apocalypse.

I'll admit, I'm a little burned out on this story, and it's only about 24 hours old. Why? Well, I'm new to this whole blogging thing, and I'm not a reporter, I'm a lover. I can't keep up with the guys and gals who blog this stuff every day, 24-7. In fact, I don't think I *want* to keep up.

Blogging is like drinking. It's fun, it's addictive, and you can do too much of it. Blogging during a fast-moving political story is like lining up shots of Sambuca atop the bar and seeing how many you can do in an hour. Eventually, you get sloppy, and ultimately, you get sick.

I don't want to get sloppy, and I don't want to get sick. This is a big story-- not necessarily because of what it says about Kerry, but really, just what it says about the media today. How, in Ace's words, "there is no fact-checking for anti-Republican hit pieces." That's the rub, and I'll keep up on it.

Just a bit more deliberately than last night.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?