Friday, September 10, 2004

 

Dan Rather Retirement Watch, Day 2.

I just bothered myself to read Drudge's latest bit.

Here's what Rather said to CNN this morning:
RATHER: Not even discussed, nor should it be. I want to make clear to you, I want to make clear to you if I have not made clear to you, that this story is true, and that more important questions than how we got the story, which is where those who don't like the story like to put the emphasis, the more important question is what are the answers to the questions raised in the story, which I just gave you earlier.
Okay Dan, you've made it clear. You believe this story is true.

And you believe the story told by the memos is more important than how you got that story.

That's obvious, Dan. I agree, 100%. Self-evident fact.

*IF THE MEMOS ARE REAL, AND NOT FORGERIES.*

Danny baby, if these memos are fake-- fake, like "Lindsay Lohan's beautiful breasts"-fake-- then there *is* no story to raise "important questions." The story you wanted to report does not exist and thus goes away-- the story you now need to report is very different, and unfortunately one that I doubt 60 Minutes will be very eager to cover.

Dan-- really, I'm on your side. I've always liked you more than Peter or Tom. You're my hero, the wind beneath my wings. Please come back to reality.



I wear sweaters because they make me look "warmer" to my audience.
(Hat tip: Ace)

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?