Saturday, September 04, 2004

 

Putin Vows Tough Response to 'All-Out War'

Oh shit. Now he's pissed. Link.

I've always felt that the Russians should have just let Chechnya go in 1991, or even in 1994. By 1999 it was too late. Mix their refreshed hatred of Russia together with the warm soothing comfort of radical Islam, and you now have Chechens tempting fate, like the slow elderly man in front of Michael Moore at Old Country Buffet.

It's not like Mother Russia particularly likes having the Chechens around. I'm pretty sure that deep within the Kremlin archives there is a file entitled "Mass Deportation of Chechen Population to Siberia" signed in kulak blood by Crazy Uncle Joe. At this point, not even the idiot pleas of Kofi Annan and the European Union (hat tip: Little Green Footballs) are likely to save the Chechens-- evil and innocent alike-- from more bloodshed and tragedy.

I mean, seriously, would you piss off an ex-KGB officer who looks like this. . .



. . . when he's sad??

I fear that the Chechens are soon to learn that Pooty-Poot looks like this when he's mad:



Comments:
I don't know who that guy is, but he looks like one of the Gentlemen from the 'Hush' episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer (or Mr Burns from The Simpsons)...
 
That's the late actor Julian Beck, best known for his performace as the evil Kane in the movie "Poltergeist II: The Other Side." The picture's from that movie, and I pretty much use it every time I want to represent scary balding guys.

More than you would ever want to know about Poltergeist is located here: http://www.geocities.com/80schild.geo/

I never got into Buffy. I sorta regret it, because many of my friends loved the show, but it just never clicked with me. One day I may have to get the DVDs and just watch for a week.

Thanks for writing in! Spread the word, link the site!

Cheers,
Dave
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?