Tuesday, November 02, 2004

 

I hate provisional ballots.

And I've just learned about them today.

Now, it's not because I don't think that a voter can't get the benefit of the doubt in the event that the polling place screws up their registration. It's happened to me before-- my correct address wasn't on the rolls, but they let me vote anyways, and adjudicated it later.

But, here's my concern: what if these people *aren't* registered, but still vote anyways? Will the adjudicators have the gumption to throw those ballots away? And, if they throw those ballots out, will the party that suffers sue to keep them in play? A.k.a., "Count every vote," even when they aren't votes?

Could be a long night. . . and week. . . and month. . .
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?