Tuesday, December 07, 2004

 

It's The End Of The World As We Know It.

A giant cloud has descended on Washington, D.C.

No, I'm not talking about what you get after Ted Kennedy makes wind. I'm talking about a literal giant cloud.

It's been foggy all morning, but now that it's the afternoon, I can barely see across the street from my 13th story window.

It's like something out of a Stephen King novel. I half expect to see mutant spider-things dragging people off the street below.

Or perhaps Adrienne Barbeau.

Oh well. If this is the end of the world, so be it. At least I have egg nog.

Huh? What's that?

Yeah, someone in the office got the bright idea to celebrate Christmas early by putting out a big punch bowl of egg nog.

Now, I like egg nog. But it's not something I can drink everyday, like Everclear.

I find egg nog a comforting reminder of Christmas: the scent of evergreen; the color of lights on the houses; the sound of my mother throwing dinner plates at my father's head. It just has its place, that's all.

And the workplace, on a date which will live in infamy, is not exactly the best place for it. At least not when they make the egg nog without rum.

It all reminds me of the brilliant Dave Attell, and his line about egg nog: "For when I want to get a little drunk, but I also want pancakes."

Hmmm. He may be on to something here.

Where did I hide that extra McDonald's packet of maple syrup. . .
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?