Saturday, December 18, 2004

 

Movie Revie: Ocean's Twelve.

Alright, this will be a short one, because I'm off to see an early Washington sneak of The Aviator tonight, and. . . there's really not a whole heckuva lot to say about the movie.

You'll either like it, or you won't.

A lot of critics seem to be in the latter category, as if they were expecting something transcendent, like Shakespeare. Or George Romero.

Your ability to tolerate, even enjoy Ocean's Twelve is directly proportional to your ability to watch George Clooney and Brad Pitt play the guys that George Clooney and Brad Pitt always play. Me, I *like* those guys, for some unknown reason.

And I liked Ocean's Twelve. The plot is barely there, the heist(s) are ridiculous. In fact, the big heist is so confusing that I walked out of the theater really unsure of what happened and when. But so what? The whole idea behind the film is attitude.

If you want to watch a great heist movie, this isn't it. If you want to watch a bunch of people have fun strutting and goofing off as the studio foots the bill for their posh European vacation, then I can thing of more unpleasant people to spend two hours with.

BTW, if you've read the reviews, you've probably already had the best scene ruined for you, a rather inspired bit involving Julia Roberts' character and. . . well, I *ain't* gonna spoil it.

Aside from that, the rest of the film is piffle, junk food for the soul. This will definitely be a big hit on cross-country airplane flights, just huge.

Anyways, I'd write more, but there's nothing else really to say. It's just fun enough, just pleasant enough, and at times just cool enough to keep yourself entertained for two hours in front of your DVD player, which is where I recommend you see it.

Comments:
Hmmm....Haven't seen it yet, nor have I seen the reviews....But I'll take a guess....Is the scene between Julia and Catherine? Seeing that I'm a homophobe according to your previous link, I think that's the only conclusion to your teaser I can be expected to come up with. Shevonne
 
Ha ha-- no, there's no lesbian content in the film.

Nope, I ain't giving it away, as it's the only thing remotely original in the film. You'll just have to wait for the rental.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?