Sunday, January 09, 2005

 

Illumination.

So, I'm over at a friend's house tonight, playing the boardgame Loaded Questions. Basically, the game involves trying to guess how which players gave which answers to the questions, the idea being to test how well you know the other players.

Armed only with my superior intellect and musky, Victor Mature-like scent, I managed to eke out a win.

Afterwards, while the group of us sat lazily around the room, we thumbed through the stack of question cards, figuring that it was more interesting to discuss the questions than to play the game.

Typical questions are like:
-- What was your favorite class in high school?
-- What is the worst thing you can call a person?
-- Who is the most pointless celebrity?
Etc., etc.

During the discussion phase of the evening, we came to a card asking "Who would you most like to kill?"

Well, no one in our jocular setting was comfortable with such a morbid question, so I suggested the alternative, "Who would you like to have disappear?"

Without missing a beat, one of the women there tonight goes "The President." She's serious.

Now, when among friends, I take moonbat comments in stride. I typically treat them with silence, or if pressed, "You have your opinions, I have mine." I've always felt that unless everyone agrees beforehand to talk the subject of politics, I don't like anyone bringing up strong political opinions into a non-political conversation-- either liberal OR conservative opinions. It's impolite.

The woman felt compelled to continue, saying "The tsunami hit, and he didn't say anything for four days while in Crawford on vacation."

I replied, "Kofi Annan stayed on vacation too."

"Kofi Annan isn't President. Our President said nothing for four days."

"Well, it wasn't *our* tsunami."


"And that's what the President probably thinks."

When the time came for my answer, I said what I genuinely felt: "Instead of choosing an American, I'll go with an enemy: Zarqawi."

That's what I don't get about the whole Bush hatred thing. It's not only illogical, it's reflexive. As if wanting the leader of your nation to disappear forever is the most natural thing in the world. Something even the kids can agree on.

I was no fan of Bill Clinton. I literally can't stand listening to some Democrats. The Loony Left bugs the spit out of me because they take everything, and thus nothing at all, far too seriously.

And, let's be honest, who could possibly enjoy playing Pictionary with this genius?

But here's the thing: I don't want them to disappear. Change their minds? Sure. Settle down, have a cup of tea? You bet.

Thank heavens we didn't stick with the original question, because I don't know how I'd react to having someone actually suggest that, if they had their wish, the one person they'd kill would be George W. Bush.

It's come to this in America. Even our board games are polluted.

We can agree to disagree. We can agree to hurl insults at each other. I *adore* negative campaigns, because they're the only campaigns that ever have any truth in them.

But leave it at the office, or on the campaign trail, or in the studio. Hang out, grab a beer, talk about the kids, throw darts and shoot pool. Life is sooo much more than big-P "Politics." Even in this town.

Sigh.


Comments:
I bet she expected the room to fill with "here here!" and "you got that right sista!"

And what's with the "4 days" crap? What could he have said? The magnitude of it all had yet to be determined. For the first two days, death toll projections were still under 50 g's no?

It's amazing how a couple cocktails can get these goofy whores goin' on the Osama talking points : "Bush didn't say anything for 4 days!" "Did you know he kept reading that story for seven minutes?"
 
I bet she expected the room to fill with "here here!" and "you got that right sista!"

And what's with the "4 days" crap? What could he have said? The magnitude of it all had yet to be determined. For the first two days, death toll projections were still under 50 g's no?

It's amazing how a couple cocktails can get these goofy whores goin' on the Osama talking points : "Bush didn't say anything for 4 days!" "Did you know he kept reading that story for seven minutes?"

Hans
 
Dude, don't get too excited, you only need to click once. ;-).

I don't want to give the wrong impression here. She wasn't being combative, and I wasn't arguing. The total conversation took less than thirty seconds. It's just that, like the metaphorical turd in the punchbowl, lent itself to ruining an otherwise quiet yet pleasant evening.
 
I have one all-purpose retort for a situation like that, but I'm ashamed to type it because women come here. Let's just say it involves violence, and two different insulting terms towards women.

I've never actually said it. It's that bad.
 
Now, now. No need to advocate violence against anyone, least of all the fairer sex.

Although, I will say that when asked that question "What is the worst thing you can call a person," I am 100% sure I said the two words you are thinking.

Everyone in the room agreed with that assessment.
 
I wouldn't actually encourage violence, just saying something controversial.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?