Monday, January 24, 2005

 

Today Is The Worst Day Of The Year.

But don't take my word for it-- listen to science:
LONDON - Is the midwinter weather wearing you down? Are you sinking in debt after the holidays? Angry with yourself for already breaking your New Year's resolutions? Wish you could crawl back under the covers and not have to face another day of rain, sleet, snow and paperwork? Probably. After all, it's nearly Jan. 24, the "most depressing day of the year," according to a U.K. psychologist.

Dr. Cliff Arnall's calculations show that misery will peak this Monday.
Oh, so this applies only to the United Kingdom. That makes sense, as every American knows the worst day of the year on this side of the pond is April 15th.

Unless you live in Pittsburgh or Atlanta; then yeah, today sucks mighty hard.

As for me, I realized that ever since I started working, every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. So that means that every single day that you see me, that's on the worst day of my life.

Comments:
Your last remark reminds me of an old (Soviet-era) Russian joke:

"And how are you today, Comrade?"
"Better, and worse. Better than tomorrow; worse than yesterday."
 
For those of us who are transplants to Pittsburgh, it's all the rest of the days of the year that suck mighty hard. This morning I envision my hubby driving to work, listening to the mournful morning DJs on WDVE, and laughing out loud the whole way.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?