Saturday, January 15, 2005

 

Yeah, Things Are Slow.

I ran plenty of errands today, saw some friends, and watched the Steelers beat the Jets.

The one thing I *didn't* do today was much original blogging. You all may have noticed I've been padding my posting with plenty of link humor, and less original material. I don't know if it's the lack of motivation, inspiration, or just a wee bit of a funk, but I haven't had much to say lately.

However, I figure the next month or so should provide an increasing amount of fodder for me. There's the inauguration (I may have parade tickets. . . I'm still waiting to find out). Ten days later we have the Iraqi elections, which could be great, could be horrible, or could be just plain indecisive. A week after that, we're on to the State of the Union, and the release of the defense budget (when I finally get to talk about it in detail without violating ethics rules! Woohoo!).

Oh, and throw in the greatest holiday of the entire year: Superbowl Sunday.

So, I expect to have more fuel for the burners in the coming weeks. In the meantime, I will continue to search out only the finest in odd links care of my exclusive arrangement with a Triad Smuggling Ring run out of Kuala Lumpur. Just remember: for every funny link on Garfield Ridge, I had to snap the neck of a defeated kickboxer in the ring. So appreciate them, or else the Yakuza will make me take on a fighter even I don't think I can "top."

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?