Wednesday, February 09, 2005

 

Cruel Cut For Welsh Rugby Fan.

There are sports fans, and then there are SPORTS FANS:
Geoff Huish, 26, was so convinced England would win Saturday's match he told fellow drinkers at a social club, "If Wales win I'll cut my balls off," the paper said.

Friends at the club in Caerphilly, south Wales, thought he was joking.

But after the game Huish went home, severed his testicles with a knife, and walked 200 metres back to the bar with the testicles to show the shocked drinkers what he had done.

Huish was taken to hospital where he remained in a seriously ill condition, the paper said. Police told the paper he had a history of mental problems.
Awww, darn. Why do these guys *always* have a history of mental problems? I think the impact of doing something this insane is majorly diluted when you let it on previously that you're a little wacko. The element of surprise is too important to throw away early in the game.

I guess you have to admire the balls it took for the nut to go nuts on his nuts.

I mean, how do you come back to this? One moment, you're drinking your Harp, the next, your best friend is squaring his debt with a bloody sack of groin pain. Do you accept his bet, or do you tell him you had your fingers crossed?

This whole scenario reminds me of the time I once bet my testicles that the Chicago Bruisers would win the 1988 ArenaBowl.

Thankfully, I won that bet.


Comments:
I like this euphemism "social club." John Bonham went to a "social club" the day before he died and drank huge amounts of liquor.
 
Blogger after reading your blog it reminded me to update mine. My passion for financial partners runs deep. If you are like me business is a constant; But a respite from it gives me a fresh outlook. My http://serendipitysuccess.blogspot.com/2005/11/update-to-steelers-climb-to-top-of-afc.html has a similar theme and financial partners plays important roles too. Football especially for most fans and partners is a highlight in the autumn and articles create great gatherings. Thanks for your Cruel Cut For Welsh Rugby Fan..
 
The leathered oval object is flying in with great success and while searching for other football Blogger successes I read your Cruel Cut For Welsh Rugby Fan.. Failure is not an option for most and my passion as read at has a similar theme. You have a great read here and thanks for promoting the great game in life.
 
Blogger your Cruel Cut For Welsh Rugby Fan. makes a great read. In my http://serendipitysuccess.blogspot.com/2005/11/update-to-steelers-climb-to-top-of-afc.html football and its dynamic ability to create passion in individuals drives what blogging is all about. Other subject matter in your Cruel Cut For Welsh Rugby Fan. blog simply adds to the flavor of our blogging community. Keep up your great prose and themes for it creates great reading for all of us. Other sports articles will always move us to different plateaus in life. Thanks.
 
The leathered oval object is flying in professional football with great success and while searching for other football Blogger successes I read your Cruel Cut For Welsh Rugby Fan.. Failure is not an option for most professional football and my passion as read at professional football has a similar theme. You have a great read here and thanks for promoting the great game in life.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?