Sunday, February 20, 2005

 

Decisions, Decisions.

Nights like this I see the value in TiVo.

I've got tomorrow off. I'd rather cook something, sit back on my couch, turn on some music and catch up on my reading pile. Right now, I'm about a third of the way through David Glantz's book on Leningrad, but at the rate I'm slugging through it, I'll need more days to read about the battle than the Soviets needed to win it.

Alas, tonight looks like a TV night. NBC has a documentary on the first five years of Saturday Night Live starting at 9 pm Eastern, and given my love of all things SNL (okay, most things SNL), I feel compelled to watch.

I guess I shouldn't complain. It's a better dilemma than "Which Ramen package do I open tonight?" or "Do I cut the red wire, or the blue wire?"

___
Comments:
Blue wire. Always go with the blue wire.
 
Dude,

You don't have Tivo? Join the 21st century already! I'll watch the SNL special tomorrow:

Two-hour show - minus commercials, it will probably be more like 80-90 minutes. Fast-forwarding through BS like boring interviews and skits that sucked the first time you saw them, that puppy might end up being an hour or less.

Ah, Tivo - is there anything you *can't* do? I've gotten so used to being able to rewind the TV any time I want that I actually reach for the radio in the car sometimes, thinking somehow I can rewing it.
 
John--

I know, I know.

I've been planning on upgrading my entire audio/visual setup for a long time now, with the big screen first, followed by surround sound and a DVR.

Alas, every time I plan this, something else seems to pop up.

I need more money. Hmmm. . . I wonder if Sally Struthers can help me out?

Cheers,
Dave
 
I got lucky - the cable company I use basically said, "Hey, if you want a DVR, come pick it up."

Didn't have to worry about paying for Tivo, phone lines, set-up or any of that crap. Just plugged it in and entered the wonderful world of Digital Video Recording. And the moment I did, the cable station stopped showing any movies I might ever want to see.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?