Friday, March 04, 2005

 

I Had Nothing To Do With This.

NEW YORK - The right to name a new species of monkey sold Thursday for $650,000 in an online auction, with the funds going to protect the Bolivian habitat where the species lives, the Web site that handled the sale said.

The winning bidder, who outbid Ellen DeGeneres, chose to remain anonymous for now, said Kelly Fiore, director of business development for the New York-based auction venue, Charity Folks.
Hey, if I had $650,000, I wouldn't bid on the rights to name one monkey. I'd hire lots of monkeys to beat the crap out of Ellen Degeneres, and claim their birthrights as the first overlords of the planet of the apes.

That, and I might stop and grab a burger at Jack-in-the-Box.

Reading the above article, you have to love the name of the type of primate awaiting a proper monkey moniker: a *titi* monkey.

Personally, the twelver-year-old boy in me can think of no better name for ANY animal other than "titi monkey."

Then again, methinks such a name is already taken, by this loving chap:



___
Comments:
Wow, Dave, I guess you didn't see the "Killer Chimp" segment on Good Morning America this morning. I immediately thought of you. I swear I'm not making it up - I think Jennifer saw it, too. Are you going to be okay? I think your prophesy may be coming to fruition...the monkeys, THE MONKEYS!
 
I did-- it's just that Ace wrote about it here:

http://ace.mu.nu/archives/070100.php

And I didn't feel like duplication.

But don't worry, I'm on to the monkeys.

All of them.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?